2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups of sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups of crushed pineapple
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda. Then, add the eggs, vanilla extract, and pineapple.
- Grease a 9×13″ baking pan with butter and pour the cake mixture. Let it bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- When ready, poke holes in the cake!
1/2 cup salted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 evaporated milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- While waiting for the cake to be fully baked, heat the topping ingredients (butter, sugar, evaporated milk, and vanilla) in a medium sized sauce pan until it reaches a boil. Then, add chopped pecans and coconut flakes. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes on a medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour the cooked topping evenly over the holes of the cake. SLICE and ENJOY !