2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups of sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups of crushed pineapple
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda. Then, add the eggs, vanilla extract, and pineapple.
- Grease a 9×13″ baking pan with butter and pour the cake mixture. Let it bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- When ready, poke holes in the cake!
1/2 cup salted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 evaporated milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- While waiting for the cake to be fully baked, heat the topping ingredients (butter, sugar, evaporated milk, and vanilla) in a medium sized sauce pan until it reaches a boil. Then, add chopped pecans and coconut flakes. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes on a medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour the cooked topping evenly over the holes of the cake. SLICE and ENJOY !
Kalida’s Ingredients :
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup of chopped onions
1/2 cup of chopped celery
1/2 cup of chopped carrots
2 tsp himalayan salt
1 lb organic lentils, washed and rinsed
1 cup of peeled and chopped tomatoes
8 cups of organic vegetable broth
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cardamom
1 tsp of dried ginger or 1 small dried root ginger
2 small dried bay leaves
1 package of Saltine cracker
In a 5 qt Dutch oven, place oil and set over medium heat. Once hot, add onions, celery, and salt and cardamom. Stir for about 6 minutes. Add the lentils, tomatoes, broth, bay leaves, coriander, cumin, and ginger, and stir to combine. Increase the heat to high and bring just to a boil.
Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook at a low simmer until the lentils are tender at about 35 minutes.
Serve immediately with a side of Saltine cracker.
Tabouli with Love, just what we needed for a relaxing and family Sunday. My girls got one more week to go of testing, and I’m so proud of how great they are doing and pulling it off! Putting soul and heart in the process …. love tastes LOVE !
☀️Happy Monday !
Yield: 8 people
In the Video above Seraj added 1/2 cup of chocolate chips