Here’s my favorite healthy mashed thyme-potatoes recipe:
2 cups organic Russet potatoes (skin on)
2 cups veggie stock/broth. Directions for Veggie Broth
2 tbsp grass-fed ghee
2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or rosemary
2 cloves garlic, minced ( used 1tbsp garlic paste)
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp Himalayan salt ( as desired)
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cut your potatoes into fourths and boil in the stock for 10-15 minutes, until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a wide bowl combine the rest of the ingredients ( thyme, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, and ghee).
- Transfer potatoes to the mixed ingredients bowl and add 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Mash with the potato masher.
- Mix well; stir in more broth or stock as needed for desired consistency.