1/2 cup chopped walnuts or nut of choice
6 oz dried apricots
6 oz dried figs
2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
dash of Himalayan salt
3 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes for coating
- Remove fig stems
- Place the figs, apricots, nuts, chocolate chips in food processor.
- Blend until finely chopped.
- The chocolate chips will still have some larger pieces, but just keep them mixed with the batter.
- Transfer into a large bowl and add a pinch of salt
- Mix well and then roll into mini balls.
- Roll each mini ball in the coconut flakes
- Place on wide plate and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Enjoy with a cup of tea!
Happy Reading 📔
Serves: 4 servings
2 large sweet potatoes
1 medium red onion
15 oz chickpeas, rinsed and drained
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons garlic, minced ( used garlic paste)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cayenne
Himalayan salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
3 oz mixed greens
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoons dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in small cubes and transfer on one half of a non-stick baking sheet.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Add the chickpeas to the other half of the baking sheet.
- In a glass bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Pour half of the dressing over the sweet potatoes and chickpeas and mix with your hands until well-coated. Keep the chickpeas and sweet potatoes separated as much as possible.
- Scoot the chickpeas toward the sweet potatoes and add the onions to the baking sheet. Make sure everything is spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Place the greens in a large bowl. Top with the roasted chickpeas, sweet potatoes, and onion.
Add the parsley, cilantro, and remaining dressing and toss to combine.Top with dried cranberries, if using.Happy & Healthy Summer⛱
Serves: 4-6 servings
Almond Butter Ice Cream
3 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
¼ cup Coconut Cream 🥥
½ cup Organic Almond Butter – unsalted & unsweetened- Creamy
3 tablespoons Organic Maple Syrup
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract (optional)
Almond Butter Swirl
• ¼ cup Organic Almond Butter – unsalted & unsweetened- Creamy
- Add bananas to a Food Processor . Blend until crumbly. Add coconut cream and blend until smooth.
- Add ½ cup almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor as needed.
- Pour half of the mixture into a freezer-friendly – used Pirex . Tap the container a few times to create an even layer. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of almond butter over this layer of ice cream in a large zigzag pattern, creating big pockets of almond butter. Keep it uneven for more chunky swirls.
- Pour the remaining half of the ice cream mixture over the almond butter swirl.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of almond butter over the ice cream. Dip a butter knife straight down into the ice cream, almost hitting the bottom of the container. Gently swirl the knife around the ice cream in a clockwise motion–starting near the edge of the container and ending in the center, creating pretty almond butter swirls. Do not over-stir, as that will fully mix the almond butter into the ice cream and remove swirls.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours, or until completely frozen. Allow to thaw for 4 minutes before scooping.
- Sprinkle Cacao Nibs & Coconut Chips Toasted for a crunchy delight!
Happy & Healthy Summer⛱