Serves: 4 servings
2 large sweet potatoes
1 medium red onion
15 oz chickpeas, rinsed and drained
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons garlic, minced ( used garlic paste)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cayenne
Himalayan salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
3 oz mixed greens
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoons dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in small cubes and transfer on one half of a non-stick baking sheet.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Add the chickpeas to the other half of the baking sheet.
- In a glass bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Pour half of the dressing over the sweet potatoes and chickpeas and mix with your hands until well-coated. Keep the chickpeas and sweet potatoes separated as much as possible.
- Scoot the chickpeas toward the sweet potatoes and add the onions to the baking sheet. Make sure everything is spread out evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Place the greens in a large bowl. Top with the roasted chickpeas, sweet potatoes, and onion.
Add the parsley, cilantro, and remaining dressing and toss to combine.Top with dried cranberries, if using.Happy & Healthy Summer⛱
For 4 wild salmon filets (6 oz each)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt (as desired)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Parchment Paper sheet
For the basil bruschetta: (makes 2 1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Himalayan salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste ( as desired)
- 2 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Combine onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Set aside a 5 minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and place in a large bowl. Combine with garlic, basil, onion-balsamic combo and additional salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and let it sit at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Place the parchment paper on a baking sheet and place the filets on the top of the paper.
- Drizzle olive oil on the filets, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 2 minutes
- Serve topped each with generous 1/2 cup basil bruschetta.